Due to the ongoing labor dispute between Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), Canada Post announced that operations are suspended until further notice. This impacts both buyers and sellers as mail will not be accepted or delivered to or from Canada. Other courier services, such as UPS or FedEx, can be an alternative solution during this time.
With this unforeseen incident, we ask that our users consider the following options:
CANADIAN SELLERS WITH AUCTIONS ALREADY ENDED:
Please communicate with all of your Winners to inform them of this issue and both parties can agree to:
- Wait for this lockout to resume service (unknown time)
- Use an alternative courier service to ship your items
- Refund the credits to the Winner per Seller’s request. If credits are given back to the Winner, a negative feedback rating cannot be granted to the Seller.
CANADIAN SELLERS WITH CURRENT AUCTIONS THAT ARE ENDING SOON:
If you have current auctions that will be ending soon, we ask that you inform the bidders of this situation and continue with the auction, or you may request to have Listia delete the auction. If you plan to resume your auction(s), please make note of the alternative courier services for shipping. Subsequently, auction deletion can be done through request by submitting at support ticket at www.listia.com/help
CANADIAN SELLERS WHO WANT TO LIST AUCTIONS:
Canadian sellers can continue to list auctions on our site, but please make modifications on your shipping methods (ex: using other courier services like FedEx or UPS)
DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL SELLERS SHIPPING TO CANADIAN WINNERS:
Due to this unforeseen situation, we ask that our U.S. and/or international sellers communicate with your Canadian winners on one of these options:
- Sellers can wait until further notice to ship the item to the Canadian address using the United States Postal Service (USPS)
- Sellers can ship the auction item(s) to the Canadian residence using alternative courier services (ex: UPS or FedEx)
- Sellers can refund credits back to the Winner and then re-list the item. Negative feedback cannot be granted to either parties.
In response to this situation, if credits need to be refunded or auctions need to be deleted, send a support ticket at www.listia.com/help. We appreciate everyones cooperation!