Trading, sharing and renting almost any item or service has never been easier. With just a few clicks of a mouse, anyone can set up a rideshare, rent out their bedroom or swap away belongings they don’t want.
The increasing popularity of Listia and other collaborative consumption sites is exciting, but as these markets grow so do reports of fraud and bad behavior from users. At Listia we continously challenge ourselves to examine and reinforce our commitment to protect our users. We’re extremely fortunate to have a very honest and supportive community of traders, but still stand by our promise to safeguard listings with our Listia Assurance. Here’s a recap of our protection policy:
Buyers get a FULL REFUND of credits:
- If an item won on Listia is not received or significantly not as described in the listing
- If a seller changes the listing terms (as outlined in the description) after it ends, and the buyer disagrees
Sellers can KEEP ALL credits:
- If a winner does not pay shipping, is non-responsive, or otherwise experiences buyer’s remorse
- If a winner claims they did not receive anitem, but the seller has provided a valid tracking number
How it Works:
- Contact the seller or buyer if you have an issue and try to resolve it
- If that doesn’t work, just file a dispute from your listing page
- We work with both parties and make a decision based on the guidelines above
What’s Not Covered?
Listia Assurance does not cover shipping charges or other arrangements and trades made outside of Listia. The best way to recover shipping charges is to use a trusted payment processor such as PayPal and avoid sending cash or checks in the mail. For complete details, please view our rules page.
Need Help with a Trade? Click Here